Tuesday, January 22, 2008


FINISHED:

Ellis, Ann Dee. (2007). This is what I did:. New York: Little, Brown and Company.


[An upsetting little quick read that would be perfect for reluctant reader males. It's about a kid who moves to a new school because of something that happened to him and his best friend at his old school. Probably would've been a book that I would've gotten into when I was younger, just because the main character just seems to be unable to fit in anywhere - and is horribly confused about what he's seen and how he should handle it. He's got parents that just want to do the right thing but seem to mess up at every turn, and brothers who are big in sports and stuff and just don't seem to be able to connect with their older brother anymore. As I said, just kind of upsetting stuff, but potent, engaging, and well told. I must've liked it because I read it in a day...]

STARTED:
Springer, Nancy. (2006). The case of the missing marquess: an Enola Holmes mystery. New York: Sleuth Philomel/Penguin.

[A children's librarian at the Main is listening to it on tape so I thought that I would read it so that we could discuss.]

*

No comments: