Saturday, March 14, 2009


ABANDONED:

Hunt, Stephen. (2008). The court of the air. New York: Tor/Tom Doherty Associates.


[Although I TRULY do not like to abandon a book in the middle, and I likely didn't give this one enough of a chance, I'm going to have to here. It's just kind of not my thing, and ended up being WAY more science fiction than I thought it would be. Lot's of character names (although they tend to die right away...), crazy descriptions of crazy contraptions, odd creatures - just too complex for what I want to be reading right now. Plus, being so dense, it would've taken me way too long to read it - there's SO much else to read instead...]

STARTED:
Gordon, R., and Williams, B. (2008). Tunnels. New York: Chicken House/Scholastic.

[Remember there being some buzz when this one came out.]

*

1 comment:

BookChook said...

After reading your comment, I'll be interested in what you think of Tunnels. I came so close to abandoning it so often, but was travelling at the time, so kept going. The world they built is great but ...nope, not going to spoil it for you.