Tuesday, May 5, 2009


FINISHED:

DiTerlizzi, Tony, and Black, Holly. (2008). Beyond the Spiderwick chronicles: A giant problem. New York: Simon & Schuster.


[Finished this one in no time at all. Certainly not at all as compelling as the original series, this second installment in this trilogy deals with the kids trying to keep the giants that they have woken up from destroying their town. In the end, they record some mermaid songs and lure the giants out to sea. Something tells me that this won't keep them down... and it looks like the kids from the original series are back in town...]

STARTED:
Hiaasen, Carl. (2009). Scat. New York: Knopf.

[Believe it or not, I've not read any of his other books... though I did WATCH the movie version of Hoot... This one I'm reading to see if I think that it should be included on the ACL Distinguished Books list for 2009.]

*

No comments: