Monday, February 16, 2009


FINISHED:

Alexander, Lloyd. (1967). Taran wanderer. New York: Henry Holt and Company.


[These books just bring me such joy and hit the nail on the head as to what I'm looking for. I guess I'm a sucker for the medieval fantasy tales of knights and kings and creatures, and these are some of the best of that lot. I'm kind of shocked to see that, of all of the 5 books in the series, this is the ONE that didn't get ANY ALA recognition because this one is so much about finding oneself. I loved that Taran spends time with a foundryman, a weaver, and a potter all in an effort to figure out what he's "meant to do". Though none are his true calling, he learns lessons on what it means, and how important it is, to live your own life and be true to yourself, no matter who you are or what you do.]

FINISHING:
Orwell, George. (1949). Nineteen eighty-four. New York: Plume/Penguin.

[MANY other things to read, but I really should finish this one first...]

*

No comments: