Monday, December 24, 2007


FINISHED:

Sanchez, Alex. (2004). So hard to say. New York: Simon & Schuster.


[A quick read about Frederick - the new kid at school - and Xio, the girl that falls for him and brings him into her group of friends. Frederick is, of course, questioning his feelings for guys, and is worried that even talking to the kid at school that everyone teases as being a "fag" will bring the spotlight toward himself. Definitely stuff that I can relate to having gone through. Going through Sanchez's "gay" books makes me think about how these would've "flown" back when I was a teenager. I mean, they probably couldn't have existed back then, but I wonder how things might be different for me if they had been around when I was going through a bunch of the same emotions as the kids in these books. Would I have even had the courage to go up to the circulation desk at the library and check them out? At least kids these days can use self-checkout machines...]

STARTED:
Konigsburg, E.L. (1967). Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley, and me, Elizabeth. New York: Atheneum/Simon & Schuster.

[Another Konigsburg - working my way through all of her books.]

*

No comments: