Sunday, October 26, 2008


FINISHED:

Koontz, Dean. (2003). Odd Thomas. New York: Bantam Dell/Random House.


[Odd lives in a medium-sized town in the California desert and can communicate with the dead. He sees them hanging around the places where they died, and he has the ability to sense when evil and/or death are around. This one reminded me too much of a Stephen King novel, and I just don't like Stephen King - there's just something icky and upsetting about their work, to me. There's a nice love story here, and I was quite surprised by an event at the end, but it was also a lot of explanation and not a whole lot of action, suspense, or horror.]

STARTED:
Riordan, Rick. (2008). The 39 clues: The maze of bones. New York: HarperCollins.

[This is the start of some new series in which a couple of kids have to find a bunch of clues to something that will affect their family name, and, likely, the world at large. Each one, I guess, will be written by a different author, and kids reading these will be able to collect cards and go online to help solve a major mystery which could earn them big bucks. Color me INTRIGUED!]


ABANDONED:
Hardinge, Frances. (2008). Well witched. New York: Scholastic.

[Just drudgery. Quite a letdown for me because I was really looking forward to this one. It was confusing, I kept feeling like I missed something, and just never really got going for me.]

*

No comments: