Thursday, June 11, 2009


So, I fell behind for, really, the first time in the few years that I've been doing this blog... Really, though, all that I read in the interim is a couple of short story collections for ACL review. Not really worth mentioning...

FINISHED:

Lerangis, Peter. (2009). The 39 clues: The sword thief. New York: Scholastic.


[Slight. So, again (?), we're already on Book 3 and our sibling protagonists have found how many clues? Not many, it seems. With 39 to find, how long is this series?? All I remember about this one is being duped on an airline flight, getting separated from their babysitter and dog, and going around with their uncle (?) to Tokyo. Is all of that even correct?]

STARTED:
Blundell, Judy. (2008). What I saw and how I lied. New York: Scholastic.

[Recommended by a colleague... oh, and it also won the National Book Award...]

*

No comments: