Saturday, March 23, 2013

FINISHED:


[Where was this book when I was a tween/teen??  Nate steals away from his sheltered, conservative Pennsylvania town to head to New York so that he can audition for the role of Elliott in a new musical based on the movie "E.T.: the Extraterrestrial".  This is a hilariously fun novel that takes place over the course of just a couple of days, and which has Nate reconnecting with an Aunt who has been estranged from Nate's mother when she stole away to New York in an effort to be someplace more open-minded and accepting.  It's one of those books that every small town kid who's just coming into realizing s/he is gay ought to read in order to see that it truly does "get better".  Like I said, this one would've given me so much hope when I was a (closeted) teenager stealing away to Chicago at every opportunity so that I could be around some diversity.]


STARTED:
Green, John. (2012). The fault in our stars. New York: Dutton/Penguin.


[.]


*

No comments: