Friday, July 13, 2007


FINISHED:

Knox, Elizabeth. (2006). Dreamhunter: book one of the dreamhunter duet. New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux.


[At our ACL meeting today, I wrestled with this one... and ultimately voted that it ISN'T "Outstanding". It was intriguing, but it never completely pulled me in, and there were many times where I just wanted it to end because I was either bored or confused. It's a world where Dreamhunters travel into a mysterious other land to find and store dreams which they can then share with others at "Dream Operas". See, intriguing. Ultimately not compelling enough for me to deem it fantastic.]

STARTED:

Bowe, Julie. (2007). My last best friend. Orlando : Harcourt.

[This was another book labeled "Outstanding" by someone at ACL, so I'm reading it to see if I concur. I meant to bring along an Encyclopedia Brown book to read on the way home from the ACL meeting that we had this morning... and, naturally, forgot. I got this one at the meeting today, and it's quite short, so I thought I would knock it out right away.]

No comments: