Tuesday, July 24, 2007


FINISHED:

Rowling, J.K. (2005). Harry Potter and the half-blood prince. New York : Arthur A. Levine Books/Scholastic.


[It's been, well, 2 years, I guess, since I've read one of these books. This is the first one I've read (for the second time) since being in the Masters program and having taken a number of kids/YA lit classes and being so immersed in library culture, etc. And, I've got to say, from a now more INFORMED opinion, these books are quite good. The writing is deft, the characters are well defined and complex, there's a TON of humor, they keep your attention and read quickly, and the stories are intriguing and well plotted. This one is definitely dark and brutal, but that only adds to the surprising complexity. After having read Year 1, I never would've guessed that Rowling would've gotten so heavy like this down the line. Bravo to her.]

STARTED:

Rowling, J.K. (2007). Harry Potter and the deathly hallows. New York : Arthur A. Levine Books/Scholastic.

[Here we go. This is it. After just finishing up Year 6, I'm especially curious to see where this all ends up...]

*

No comments: