Friday, November 2, 2007


STARTED & FINISHED:

Ransome, Arthur. (1968). The fool of the world and the flying ship. New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux.


[Featuring the Caldecott Award winning illustrations of Uri Shulevitz (my new favorite!).]



Van Allsburg, Chris. (1982). Ben's dream. New York: Houghton Mifflin.


[Not my favorite of Van Allsburg's books, but the woodcut-looking illustrations are winners. I just wish that he would work on his noses. He's never been great with the noses. Mostly wordless, this one is about a kid who falls asleep studying monuments from around the globe, and in his dream, finds his house floating by a number of them.]



Holm, Jennifer L., and Matthew Holm. (2007). Camp Babymouse. New York: Random House.


[The sixth in the series. Kind of lacking, but still fun. HIGHLY recommended for kids of all ages.]




Say, Allen. (1989). The lost lake. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.


[I think that I need to add Allen Say to my list of favorites on the left. His soft watercolors and straightforward, nostalgic stories are outstanding.]

*

No comments: